Qualified candidates with a minimum of two years of experience are eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $12,500
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse (RN) for the Medicine Specialty Unit (6RC). The Medicine Specialty Unit is part of UIHC's Medical Surgical Services (MSS) division.
The Medicine Specialty Unit focuses on the care of adults with a variety of medical diagnoses, including, but not limited to, diseases or disorders of the pulmonary system, gastrointestinal system, renal system, endocrine system, circulatory system, neurological system, as well as infectious diseases, dermatological disorders and autoimmune disorders.
This unit is a dynamic and fast paced environment rich with opportunities for learning. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that encourages team work between physicians, nursing staff, therapy staff, social work and a variety of other consulting disciplines to provide the most comprehensive care for our patients.
The heartbeat of our Adult Internal Medicine unit is teamwork for the sake of holistic patient-centered care and a healthy work environment that allows our staff to thrive and grow both personally and professionally.
A Staff Nurse will assess patients' nursing care needs, evaluate effectiveness of care provided, and integrate nursing theory and research into clinical practice.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response.
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan.
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care.
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®Percent of Time
: 60% (24 hours/weekend) Schedule
: Weekend Option Nights Location
: UIHC Main Campus, Roy Carver Pavilion (6RC) SEIU Pay Plan
: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-planBenefits Highlights:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans - click here for details
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- Hear what our staff has to say about our MSS division here
- An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions.
- General computer skills are required, including proficiency in managing multiple databases including Microsoft Excel.
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
This posting is for multiple openings and will be posted for 90 calendar days. At the end of the 90-day posting period, candidates may reapply to be considered for additional openings. Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. If you have any questions please reach out to Kyle Fountain at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Kyle Fountain
- Contact Email: email@example.com