The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate's/applicant's qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a Windows & VMware Engineer in Phoenix, AZ/Hybrid.
We are looking for experienced Windows VMware Engineer that will be responsible for deployment, configuration and administration of virtual machines, also datacenter, cluster, host and network in vSphere.
• Must have good understanding of performance troubleshooting, capacity planning and monitoring/alerting tools, scripting skills for automation are a plus.
• Will be responsible for Windows server deployments, administration of AD, DNS, DHCP, File share access.
• Deploying DB servers and configure Failover Clusters. (Single subnet or multi subnet clusters in multiple nodes setup)
• Experience with puppet for configuration and package distribution are a plus. PowerShell experience is a must. Expecting L3 level troubleshooting in both Windows VMware
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world's leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant's unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you'll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you'll enjoy many of the perks you'd expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• 8 to 10 years experience
• Required Skills: Vmware administration, VMWare Vsphere
• Design, implement and maintain VMware vSphere infrastructure 7.0 hosts
• Experience in upgrade the VMware vSphere infrastructure and Dell vXrail Hyperconverged hardware
• Experience in Data center Migration
• Experience in vSphere Standard Switches (VSS) and virtual distributed switches (VDS)
• Experience in SAN and VSAN storage
• Configuration, deployment, and management of SRM
• Experience and understanding of vmware technologies like vrops, VRA, NSX-T
• Monitor, troubleshoot and capacity planning of vSphere environment
• Proactively identify and perform hardware and software upgrades
• Evaluate new products and recommends updates and upgrades
• Provide technical guidance to other VMware administrators
• Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
• Design and installations of physical servers and Hyperconverged hardware Dell vXrail for the virtual infrastructure.
• Experience in installation , configure, and upgrade Microsoft Windows servers (20016-2022)
• Analyze, log, track, and resolve complex issues pertaining to Windows servers
• Knlowedge in Script powerShell
• Install and manage MSCS Cluster
• Experience in server hardware Dell vXrail and cisco UCS
• Coordinating with vendors for hardware issues and component replacements.
• Support services for Microsoft Windows Server OS (DHCP, DNS, AD, and CA).
• Experience in File servers/DFS
• Experence in DFS replication and ACL related issues
• Experience in Print servers (fujiflim Xerox)
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
As Cognizant's chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays' guiding principles is 'do the right thing'. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1150129
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Lone Tree, Colorado
Posted about 6 hours ago